SETTING UP THE ACCESS POINT NAME (APN)
Please only configure the APN upon arrival in Japan. Do not configure the APN when your Australian SIM is plugged in, as the APN will be pointing to the Softbank network. Once you return from Japan, simply delete the installed APN configuration from your phone.
- If your handset is dual SIM, ensure only the Softbank SIM is inserted in the primary SIM slot of your handset.
- Enable Data Roaming and 3G/4G/LTE Data
iPhone APN Setup
Plug & Play (APN configuration not required for iPhones).
Android APN Setup (Configure within Network Settings)
1. Go to (settings) on your phones home screen,
2. Tap on (connections),
3. Tap on (more connections), and then (mobile networks),
4. Tap on (access point names), then tap on the (+) sign to create a new APN. If the (+) is not there, select (create new APN),
5. Create a new APN with the following details, then hit save
Reboot your phone after the APN has been setup.
*Note: If the APN is not set up correctly, the cellular connection bars will show but data will not flow through.