New Zealand Prepaid SIM Card
Get your New Zealand SIM Card before leaving Australia. And connect like a local the moment you arrive at your destination.
- Valid for 30 days
- Unlimited ultra fast 4G LTE Data
- Hotspot/Tethering allowed
- Unlimited free calls to NZ and Australian mobiles
- Unlimited free calls to 2degrees mobiles
- Unlimited free SMS to NZ and Australian mobiles
- Unlimited free incoming calls
- 3 in 1 Multi SIM (Nano/Micro/Standard)
- Plug and play SIM
- NZ wide coverage on the 2degrees network
- NZ mobile number printed on SIM packaging
- International calls to countries other than Australia not included (we recommend using VoIP apps)
- Can be used in phones, tablets, and pocket wifis
- A SIM card user guide is included
- The NZ SIM does not expire if not activated
COVERAGE & ACTIVATION
What is the cellular coverage/reception like in New Zealand?
2degrees have expansive network coverage across NZ's North and South islands. The complete 2degrees coverage map is available by clicking Here.
How do I activate the New Zealand Prepaid SIM card?
When you arrive in NZ, insert the SIM into your handset. The SIM will self activate once your phone receives cellular signal from the 2degrees network.
Where do I find my mobile number?
Your NZ mobile number is pre-assigned and printed on the packaging of your SIM. It begins with 02.
USING THE SIM
Can the New Zealand Prepaid SIM Card be topped up/recharged?
You can top up online or by using 2degrees Mobile App. You can also recharge over the phone by dialling 201 from your mobile and following the prompts.
How do I check the balance of my usage?
To check your usage balances message "BAL" to 233.
How do I make calls to Australia?
To make calls to Australia ensure to dial +61 followed by the mobile number without the 0. Eg. +61 430 XXX XXX.
How do make calls to countries other than Australia?
We recommend using VoIP apps such as Viber, WhatsApp, Facebook Chat, Wechat, Skype etc.
How do I my family/friends contact me from Australia?
They can call or text your NZ Prepaid SIM by dialling +64 followed by your NZ mobile number without the 0 (first digit)
Can I use the New Zealand Prepaid SIM Card in a Tablet or Pocket Wifi device?
The NZ SIM can be used in mobile phones, tablets and pocket WiFi devices.
How do I purchase multiple SIM cards with different activation dates?
You can purchase multiple SIM cards with different activations dates by; Selecting a date, adding to cart. Then selecting another date then adding to cart again.
I am cruising around New Zealand. Will this SIM work whilst I am on a cruise?
The New Zealand Prepaid SIM will work in all areas where cellular signal is available. At open sea, when you're outside range of network towers, cellular signal may be weak or not available. However coverage will be available closer to port.
Order before 3PM AEST (Mon - Fri) for same day dispatch.